Happy Monday everyone! I’m excited about this week for numerous reasons. First being that it’s show week, second-it’s supposed to hit 80 degrees, and third-I get to see my mom this weekend! Woot woot! I’m celebrating with brownies and you should join me!
I know most people like to detox from the weekend on a Monday, but I find chocolate absolute necessary. Plus, I always share so I never eat the whole pan ;).
These brownies are the TOPS. I know there are a lot of people out there that claim they have the best brownie recipe. I’m definitely one of those people. Although it is mostly based on preference, my brownies can certainly compete with the best!
I’ve tested them and retested them countless times. They are perfectly chewy, fudge-y, flavorful, and dark. A trick I learned from my mom is to add A LOT of chocolate chips to your brownie batter. It makes even boxed brownies taste homemade. I love an ultra chocolate-ly brownie and these are!! They are called crack brownies for a reason.
I should note that before you try and make them, you should invest in a kitchen scale! The more precise the measurement, the more perfect they are. I’m also posting the recipe in grams, so if you don’t have a scale, good luck!
Measuring out the ingredients before hand is always extremely satisfying.
First step is to brown the butter. I prefer just to toast my butter slightly(as pictured above), not a full on brown. You can do what you prefer. Whichever way you do it, the aroma is unbeatable and it adds a depth of flavor to the brownies that is incredible.
Once you take the butter off of the heat, pour into a large mixing bowl and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Next beat in the sugar and the cocoa powder until mixed well. Then add the eggs and beat until combined.
Stir in the flour next, just until combined. It is crucial that you don’t over mix.
Gently add in the chocolate chips and spread into the parchment lined pan.
Bake for 20-25 min. Cool, cut, and enjoy!
RECIPE: (makes about 12 brownies)
- 140 g. butter, cubed
- 220 g. granulated sugar
- 70 g. good quality cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g. unbleached all purpose flour
- 175 g. bittersweet chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8 X 8 square pan with parchment paper.(I’ve used round pans and slightly larger pans, all will great results).
- Begin to brown the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. If you’re unfamiliar with browning butter, the kitchn has a great tutorial that is super easy to follow. Once the butter has browned, pour it into a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Next add the sugar and cocoa powder to the browned butter and whisk together until combined.
- Then beat in the eggs until combined.
- Stir in the flour gently until just combined, being very careful not to over mix.
- Gently add in the chocolate chips then pour brownie batter into prepared pan. It will need to be spread out. Using a rubber or uneven spatula should do the trick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out relatively clean.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Cool before cutting ( I almost never do) and enjoy! They keep best wrapped tightly in plastic or in a sealed tupperware container for about 3 days (if they last that long).