This is a mint-chocolate lover’s dream.
I know that it’s green and minty and St. Patrick’s day was on Tuesday, but I made this for some great gal’s birthday. I asked her what she would like and she told me truffles. So I made a mint Oreo cheesecake and put truffles on top of it. Clearly I like to over-do it.
I know what you’re thinking! “Mint and cheesecake! Maggie that’s gross!” I said the same thing, but trust me! It’s amazing.
The only way I can convince you is to tell you to make it and try it. Seriously! It’s so easy.
So go make it and let me know what you think and if you see the birthday girl wish her a swell one.
RECIPE: (makes 10-12 servings)
- 8 chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 10 mint oreos, crushed
- 6 Tbs. melted butter
- 24 oz. full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8-10 chopped mint oreos
- 6-7 drops green food coloring
- Chocolate ganache, extra oreos, and/or truffles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, oreo crumbs, and melted butter until combined.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 min.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium until creamy.
- Beat eggs in one at a time until combined.
- Add in cream and peppermint extract and beat on low until combined.
- Pour mixture over graham cracker, Oreo crust. Place chopped oreos in mixture and bang on the counter a few times until even and set.
- Bake in the oven at 3oo for about an hour 15 min or until sides set and the middle still jiggles.
- Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in there for an hour while keeping the oven door closed.
- Take out of oven and let cool completely before refrigerating.
- **Slide knife along edges of pan to insure that it will come out clean when you eventually release the cheesecake.
- Decorate any way that you’d like and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated!