I think I just perfected the chocolate chip cookie.
and I ate FIVE of them. FIVE! That’s how good they are. That or I’m crazy, which is totally plausible.
These cookies have the perfect crisp edges, chewy middles, caramel core and delicious hint of sea salt sprinkled on top. How could you not want to eat five? Oh, you’re not crazy? That explains it.
If you want to get crazy like me, you could make another batch of smaller cookies with bits of caramel on top. They’re good too. They could be even better depending on your love for cookies.
At least I’ve been going to the gym this week. Cardio cancels out cookies, right? RIGHT? I don’t know how I’m skinny. That being said, I know I’m a dancer, but don’t follow my diet ;).
RECIPE: makes about 18 large cookies or *36 small cookies*
- 10 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 18 unwrapped caramel candies
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a fitted paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat in until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl when necessary.
- Add in flour and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Measure out tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough and set aside.
- Flatten out one ball of dough and place caramel in the center. Press another ball of dough on top and shape into a bigger ball. Place balls on lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for exactly 11 min. rotating pan halfway through. This is a very important step, do not skip this.
- Let cool and enjoy.
**For smaller cookies, cut caramels into small pieces and place on top of tablespoon sized balls of dough. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for exactly 9 min. rotating halfway through.