I’m back and I made cupcakes.
Not that it really matters because how many people were following this thing anyway? 😉
Any who, life has changed drastically since my last post. I moved out of Buffalo and landed my first professional dance job(woohoo). I’m currently residing in Upstate New York with one of the greatest friends a girl can find…and on Craigslist I might add.
That’s us. Who knew Craigslist could help you find really amazing friends in a new city?
Life is swell for me and I can’t complain. I especially can’t complain because my favorite season is starting and that means all things pumpkin!
I made these babies yesterday for our neighbor because he cooked us dinner. Dinner was great and so were the cupcakes!
RECIPE (makes 1 dozen cupcakes)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- a pinch of allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- mellocreme pumpkins for decoration
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 oz of 1/3 less fat cream cheese (room temp.)
- 5 tbs of unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbs milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, sugars, and oil. Add the dry ingredients and stir until smooth and incorporated.
- With a 2 1/2 inch ice cream scoop, fill cupcake liners to 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool while you make the frosting.
- For the frosting: In a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until whipped. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until fluffy. Add a little bit of milk if necessary.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes, decorate, and enjoy!