Howdy y’all. I’m currently attending the American Dance Festival in Durham, NC on a full scholarship and I’m having the most AMAZING time. I get to take like a million dance classes and watch so many amazing performances. This place is like heaven on Earth. Because I’m so busy with dance and performances I didn’t think I would get to do any blogging, but I can’t seem to go a week without some homemade sweets.
I bought some Speculoos cookie butter and chocolate chips from Trader Joe’s and decided it would be fun to experiment with them on my day off. The result? Cookie butter chocolate chip blondies. They are so chewy, so delicious, and just absolutely perfect.
They don’t really taste too much like Speculoos, but they taste amazing and that’s all that really matters right? I’m sure if you added a Speculoos buttercream or some cookies to the batter, you would have more of a Speculoos flavor, but nevertheless, the excess is not needed if you’re looking for something good to indulge in.
In order to make these, the first thing I did was melt the butter and the brown sugar over medium heat on the stove. After allowing it to cool for about 10 minutes, I added the cookie butter and egg and stirred until combined.
Next I added the cookie butter mixture to the flour in a large bowl and stirred to combine.
Then I added in the chocolate chips and pressed it evenly into a greased, foil lined pan.
After about 20 minutes, I took them out of the oven and allowed them to cool completely before cutting.
RECIPE: makes about 16 bars
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Speculoos cookie butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line a 9X9 metal baking pan with foil and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Put the flour into a large bowl.
- In a small pot, melt the butter and brown sugar together on medium heat. Let cool for 10 min. before adding the next ingredients.
- When butter-sugar mixture has cooled, add the cookie butter and stir until combined. Next add the egg and stir until combined.
- Add the warm mixture to the flour and stir until combined.
- Next add the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the foil lined pan and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!