I should let you all know that I’m not a huge Country music fan, but I’ve been listening to the Dixie Chicks a lot lately. Cowboy Take Me Away has been playing on repeat and I’ve been dreaming of being somewhere far away in a sundress and cowboy boots.
Speaking of dreams….check these guys out 🙂
RECIPE-makes about 24 bars-adapted from The Brown Eyed Baker
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar mixture for topping
- 1 cup salted butter softened (you can use unsalted but make sure to add salt)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large or extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl with a stand/hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and continue to beat to combine.
- Transfer batter to the parchment lined baking pan. Spread evenly across the pan. *I like to use an uneven spatula.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture all over the blondie batter. *I like to put sugar in a ziploc bag, sprinkle in some cinnamon, seal it, and shake to mix. It’s easy to sprinkle the mixture from the bag.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top has some spring when you touch it. Let cool in pan and simply lift them out with the parchment when ready to cut. Store in an airtight container.