I made banana bread in a square pan and therefore it looks like a cake…
AND it is the most delicious, flavorful, crazy moist banana bread that looked like a cake ever. I made some “normal” banana bread last week that everyone went crazy over so when one of my friends told me that she had a bunch of bananas that were going bad and asked if I wanted to make some banana bread with them I said “of course!” How could I possibly pass up free bananas and a chance to make something delicious? My friends finished this off within a few hours. There was nothing left to save, as it should be!
This was so simple to make! First I placed the bananas in the oven for about 20 min. to roast. While they were cooling, I browned the butter and then transferred it into another bowl to cool. When the bananas were cool, I peeled and mashed them and then stirred in the sugars and the eggs.
Next I added in half of the dry ingredients.
Before I added in the second half of the dry ingredients, I poured the brown butter into the batter.
Once everything was combined, I added in the chocolate chips and stirred until they were evenly distributed.
Next I poured the batter into a greased pan and sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top. Then I placed it in the oven for about 25-30 min.
RECIPE:-makes about 12 servings
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon plus extra for topping
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus more for topping
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bananas on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Once preheated, place bananas in oven and roast for about 20 minutes or until black and blistered. Let them cool before using.
- While bananas are roasting, brown butter in a saucepan on medium heat on the stove. This should take about 5-10 minutes. Pour brown butter into a bowl to cool.
- Keep oven on and grease a 9X11 square cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir baking soda, cinnamon, and flour together and set aside.
- When bananas are cool, peel and mash them in a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and then stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Add about half of the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour in the brown butter and remaining dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into a greased 9X11 pan and spread evenly. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!